Roof restoration involves repairing and rejuvenating the existing roof to extend its lifespan, enhance its performance, and improve its appearance. When you break down the costs compared to roof replacement, it becomes clear that your investment not only saves you thousands of dollars, but also improves the longevity of your roof.
Let’s Compare Replacement VS Rejuvenation:
- Lower material costs: Roof restoration typically requires fewer materials compared to a complete roof replacement. Instead of tearing off and disposing of the existing roof, restoration focuses on repairing specific areas, addressing leaks, and applying protective coatings. This reduces the need for purchasing new roofing materials, resulting in cost savings.
- Reduced labor costs: Roof replacement involves labor-intensive work such as removing the old roof, installing new materials, and disposing of the debris. In contrast, roof restoration involves less labor as it focuses on repairing and improving the existing roof. This can significantly reduce labor costs, leading to substantial savings.
- Avoidance of structural modifications: Roof replacement often requires structural modifications, especially if you decide to change the roofing material or style. This may involve alterations to the roof’s support system, which can be costly. Roof restoration, on the other hand, preserves the existing structure, eliminating the need for expensive modifications.
- Extended roof lifespan: Restoring a roof can add several years to its lifespan. By addressing issues such as leaks, cracks, and deterioration, you can prevent further damage and ensure the roof remains functional for a longer time. This delay in the need for a complete replacement translates into significant cost savings.
- Energy efficiency improvements: During a roof restoration, you can incorporate energy-efficient measures, such as reflective coatings or additional insulation. These upgrades can reduce your energy consumption and lower heating and cooling costs over the long term.
- Reduced maintenance expenses: A restored roof is often in better condition and requires less maintenance compared to an aging or damaged roof. This means fewer repair costs and less frequent need for professional inspections or upkeep, resulting in ongoing savings.
You might now be asking yourself how you can restore your roof, increase life expectancy, to get the most out of your investment? Let’s talk about Greener Shingles asphalt rejuvenator.
What is Greener Shingles Asphalt Rejuvenator?
Greener Shingles was inspired by a patented asphalt rejuvenator that is used to preserve oil in roads, driveways, and parking lots. Greener Shingles includes a bio-based asphalt rejuvenator technology which was then reformulated for asphalt roofing shingles.
After going through multiple vigorous lab tests, it has been proven that Greener Shingles rejuvenator helps decrease the effects of aging after being applied to asphalt shingles. These lab tests also proved that Greener Shingles improves granular adhesion, helps safeguard the surface, and improves fire retardancy. Greener Shingles is an environmentally safe solution that improves the flexibility of shingles which aids in the expansion and contraction that occurs to shingles throughout the day. Another benefit of Greener Shingles is that it uses a bio-based soybean oil solution that is safe around the outside of your home.
What Exactly Does Greener Shingles Rejuvenator Do?
By using Greener Shingles on dried-out, brittle shingles that have curled up due to a lack of oil, your shingles will benefit from the following:
- Replaces Lost Oil
Natural agricultural oils have been utilized for the past 15 years to revitalize asphalt roads to replenish the oils that are missing through years of aging. Now, these oils are being used to replace the oils lost in asphalt shingles.
- Increases Granular Adhesion
When shingles are revitalized, there is 86% better granular adhesion and increased shingle flexibility which assists in preventing damage caused by wind and hail.
- Stops Moss Growth
When Greener Shingles is applied to asphalt shingles that are covered in moss and algae, it will smother the moss and algae as well as keep it from growing further. The dead moss will wash off after a decent rain or roof cleaning.
If you are looking to revitalize your asphalt shingles and make your roofing investment worthwhile, then Greener Shingles is your go to source. It is available through independent dealers who are trusted home service providers, including Tesson Roofing & Exteriors, LLC. Even though the application of Greener Shingles is pretty easy, it is a slippery process and requires a trained professional to apply it correctly. If you would like more information regarding Greener Shingles, contact us today at (314) 932-1042 to speak with one of our professionals. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have!